As COVID-19 evolves, foodpanda has implemented continued measures to protect the health and safety of their community. In line with public health experts, local laws and health mandates, foodpanda has ensured that the most up-to-date and informed measures have been adopted to prioritise the health and well-being of their employees.
During the recent outbreak, foodpanda has mobilised a Business Continuity Planning committee; a dedicated team who are in charge of implementing measures to ensure health and safety. Made up of a cross-functional team of business leaders, chaired by foodpanda’s CEO, Jakob Angele, the following measures have been implemented and supported across foodpanda APAC:
FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- Contactless Delivery: Both customers and riders can feel comfortable with the latest contactless delivery option, which allows both to opt-in to having a minimised contact delivery. Once an order is placed, both can indicate that contactless delivery is preferred, and the order will be dropped at an agreed place.
- Online Payment Encouraged: In an effort to promote health and wellbeing, customers are encouraged to use online payment to help minimise contact.
- Free Delivery: To continue our commitment to our customers during this time, we’ve launched platform wide free delivery on most of our partner restaurants. As well as this, we have introduced free delivery on pandamart, our marketplace for shops; and pandanow, our own online grocery store. This is to ensure that customers can get whatever they need, whenever they need it when ordering via foodpanda.
FOR OUR RIDERS
- Hygiene Provisions: Our delivery fleet is kept up to date with the latest measures and hygiene practices to ensure a safe ride. In line with this, all riders are briefed to use hand sanitizer, wear masks and wash their hands when possible.
- Health Education and Measures: If any member of our rider team feels unwell, we encourage them to stay home until the symptoms alleviate. In the case of any fleet member testing positive for COVID-10, we have ensured support is in place for their wellbeing, as well as preventing further infection to other contact points.
- Flexible Opportunities: To accommodate the developing situation, we welcome anyone who may need temporary work opportunities to enquire at our rider recruitment hubs.
FOR OUR PARTNER VENDORS
- Supporting our Local Partners: As our partners are the heart of our business, we want to ensure continued support by introducing a financial scheme with the aim to minimise impact to our local and independent partners.
- Health Education and Measures: If a member of a foodpanda partner has tested positive for COVID-19, we ensure to prioritise the health and wellbeing of our partners and customers alike. Firstly, we remove the partner from our platform for the necessary time period of 14 days, as well as quarantine any potentially affected riders.
FOR THE WIDER COMMUNITY
As the situation develops, one of our core values at this time is to focus on our community and to support our healthcare workers – as such we will be offering free meals. Any frontline healthcare workers who wish to request a voucher can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
foodpanda is committed to taking any necessary measures to prevent further spread of COVID-19, as well as providing support to our employees, riders and partners affected. As the situation develops, foodpanda will update guidelines in line with recommendations.