Doctor Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesperson of the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA, said the government announced curfew time changed to 11pm to 4am and relaxed 3 business categories under the second phase of business re-opening to move on overall economy while Prime Minister Prayut Chan-Ocha concerned over the second wave of virus spreading and encouraging all media parties to communicate and create public awareness in preventive measures.
With effective from 17 May, the following 3 business categories that are exposed to medium risk of Covid-19 virus spreading but necessitate to our daily lives can be re-opened:
1 In relation to economic and daily lives
- Food and drink related shops that open in office towers, canteens, food courts. Take away is recommended. If services are available at the shops, preventive measures should be taken.
- Department stores, shopping malls, community malls with closed time at 8pm; theaters and water amusement parks are prohibited.
- Large retailing and wholesale shops such as construction materials shops, TaradThai, markets located at 4 region hubs, fruits markets
2 In relation to fitness exercise and healthcare
- Beauty centers for body, skincare, laser treatment. Face surgeries and those tattoo remain closed.
- Gym rooms, indoor exercise and fitness. Group exercises and running and cycling classes are prohibited.
3 Other activities
- Meeting rooms, conventional rooms, libraries, museums, movies and entertainment production teams with not more than 50 persons in aggregate can be opened.